Urgent Care centers have become vital to today’s healthcare landscape, offering accessible and timely services for a wide range of non-life-threatening medical conditions. Whether you experience a sudden illness, injury, or need medical assistance during or outside of regular office hours, Urgent Care serves as an essential part of our healthcare system.
While Urgent Care provides a convenient and accessible medical option between primary care and the ER, it also offers a wide variety of medical services.
Immediate medical care
Urgent Care provides immediate medical attention for patients with health concerns not considered life-threatening emergencies.
Some of these services include:
- Treating fractures, broken bones, or dislocations.
- Placing stitches, sutures, and staples.
- Assessing concussions and head injuries.
- Treating minor wounds like lacerations, burns, infections, and animal bites.
While some might think to seek medical attention for these types of injuries at the ER, visiting Urgent Care can save patients time, money, and a lengthy waiting period while experiencing the same quality of care. Most Urgent Care centers will refer patients to the ER for more serious ailments like chest or abdominal pain.
To help identify the cause of a patient’s symptoms, Urgent Care centers offer a range of diagnostic services, not limited to:
- Laboratory tests for assessing glucose levels, pregnancy, cholesterol, STDs, or drug screenings.
- Testing for strep throat, COVID, the flu, or mononucleosis (Mono).
- Ordering outpatient labs.
- Giving intravenous fluids when needed.
- Administering joint injections, such as cortisone shots.
These services are particularly important when dealing with conditions like bone fractures, pneumonia, or other internal injuries that require imaging to diagnose patients properly.
Urgent care centers are equipped to diagnose and treat a wide range of common ailments and minor injuries.
Some of the conditions commonly addressed at urgent care include:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Ear infections
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Sore throat
Urgent Cares are staffed with healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, who can provide timely assessments, tests, and treatment plans for these issues.
Sports and physicals
Urgent care centers also offer sports physicals and general health check-ups, making them a convenient choice for students and athletes requiring examinations for school or sports participation.
How We Can Help
Visit Lincoln Urgent Care or Granite Bay Urgent Care in the Sacramento area for testing, diagnosing, and treatment options.
You can also book a telemedicine appointment or call either urgent care clinic for more details. We look forward to hearing from you!